Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Summer Fun | July 2017 Main and Add-On Kits | Hip Kit Club

Hi everyone!

Today I have a new design team layout to share with you created for Hip Kit Club using the July 2017 Main and Add-On kits!

This week, I was inspired by the sketch and created my layout based on it! We have a weekly sketch challenge over on our Facebook Member Forum where you could win $10 to spend in the Hip Kit Club store! So if you aren't already a member in our Facebook group, make sure you join in!

I created a very Summery layout again this week....I mean with all those gorgeous Summer things included in the July 2017 Hip Kits, how could you not?! I started out by adding some clear gesso and then some subtle mixed media to help ground some of the layers against the white background. I used some of the Shimmerz from the July 2017 Color kit plus a couple of watercolours from my stash as well!

My photo is a panoramic one I took with my phone and I love how it turned out...it was the perfect size to go with this week's sketch. I added some of the exclusive Project Life cards from the July 2017 Project Life kit under the photo for matting and used pop dots to raise it all up off the background.

I just adore that flamingo puffy sticker and he had to be included on this layout...I love the pop of pink he brings to that side of the layout. Underneath the flamingo I added lots of ephemera from the Amy Tangerine 'On a Whim' pack found in the July 2017 Main kit.

The clear palm tree sticker over on the right hand side needed something underneath it to raise the prongs up, so I used one of the wood veneer hearts as a pop dot, rather than a pop dot so it looked a bit cuter...I love how this looks! I love that I could use lots of bits and pieces on this layout by layering and tucking things in and around my photo!

I hope this inspires you to create with your July 2017 Hip Kits and to try our sketch this week!

Happy creating!

Tarrah x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails